Rolling in the Gluuuuueeeeee

StamPi 2.0 is finally starting to look like a tortoise!! Well, at least a fossilised one… Have a look at the pictures. We’ve got a wire frame so far and began to form the shape of the body. In other news, we’ve worked on our nerf gun and gotten an idea of the circuit we’re going to build. We’re really really close!

 

Advertisements

Guess who’s back

This week was the first back since we came back from the Christmas holidays. We started looking at some code for colour detection and next week we hope to test it. In addition, the design side is making rapid progress! The new motors are here and we’re integrating them into StamPi 2.0. Once that’s done, we’ll be fiddling around with the autonomous control!

 

Winter is coming…

We have disbanded for the Christmas holidays. Here’s a wee update on what we’ve done so far:

We’ve 3D printed a bearing onto which we’ll mount the nerf gun, we’ve pretty much finished the wiring with the nerf gun, and we will now be working on the PID control now that the motor issues are amended.

Tortoise, we have a problem.

We’re still struggling with the PID control!! We think it’s the motor’s fault now, so we have ordered a new motor and we hope that will fix the issue. In the meantime, we have a chassis made!

Also, this week, our team will be going to Daresbury Laboratories to showcase our endeavours in representing the Testudinidae species. We will be bringing a real-life mini tortoise, and we will be bringing 3D printed models.

We will be posting pictures!!

The code is a lie.

This week we worked on finding the k values for the PID control. There was a problem with the sensors however and while it worked for the first few seconds, it would stop and mess up near the end. We think this is due to interference. it kept crashing to the walls. 😦 Also, we are making progress with the design!

Nerfin’ it out

This week, we have been working on starting our PID control code, the basis of our design and we have started to rip apart a nerf gun for the Duck Shoot challenge. Our aim is to hook this up to a servo so we can shoot the nerf gun from a controller. Primarily, we are trying to strip away as much mass as possible and figuring out how exactly we’re going to assemble the system. With the code, we will start finding the correct constants to optimise the speed of our robots and minimise oscillations of the motor. Exciting!!

 

Screenshot_20171110-185700.png